Thank you Emilia for sharing this great recipe from Nutrition by Shoshana. I'm headed to Michigan tomorrow to visit my family and I'm always looking for a healthy snack to travel with. Emilia's suggestion is to double or triple the cinnamon. My suggestion is to use coconut sugar and consider using less than the suggested 2 tablespoons.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Splenda or 2-3 tablespoons Stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white lightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the splenda, cinnamon and salt with a fork.
- Add the almonds to a large bowl. Pour the egg white over the almonds and using a rubber spatula, stir to coat evenly.
- Add the powdered ingredients to the egg white coated almonds and stir with a fork to coat the almonds well.
- Spread the almonds out onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure the almonds are in one layer to ensure even cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes. Take them out and stir on the sheet. Bake for another 4 minutes. Stir again once more and then cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Allow almonds to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks. Note: almonds will brown and dry as they cool.