The CrossFit Open is starts next week!
Have you registered?
Did you select CrossFit Magna as your affiliate?
If you need help with the registration process please let us know.
In the meantime, here is what we think you should know...
1) The Open is for everyone, not just competitive athletes. A few years back, CrossFit introduced a scaled division to the CrossFit Open. Participating in the Open allows you to set and achieve goals like getting your first pull-up or lifting a weight for the first time. The Open is also a huge community event. Participating will allow you to create new friendships and grow the relationships you already have. Finally, the Open is fun. There is suspense, highs, lows, and at the end there is this huge sense of accomplishment.
2) We will provide you with a warm-up and strategy. The plan for 2018 is similar to last year. We will watch the announcement show on Thursday night and then run 1 heat of the workout. This will give the coaches a chance to experience the WOD and provide our athletes with better insight on pacing and set-up. We have been through this 7 times and each year we learn a little more. If you have questions, ask us. We want you guys to enjoy this experience as much as possible. If we learn something new during the first week or two this year, we will adjust as we go.
3) We are encouraging athletes to complete the Open Workout on Friday night at 4:30 and 5:30pm and/or Sunday from 9-11am. If you know you don't workout well on Friday nights and can't make it on Sundays, there will also be Open Gym on Saturday from 10am-12pm. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT 4:30 & 5:30PM.
4) During normal class times, Open WODs must be done in the extra work area on the 2nd timer with your own judge. Coaches have a responsibility to their classes. We want you to achieve whatever goals you have set for the Open but with the understanding that not all of our friends and fellow athletes are participating in the Open and still need to train.
5) We encourage you to consider adding in some extra mobility to your weekly routine. Lululemon offers free Sunday yoga classes, which are a great option. You might also consider a subscription to ROMWOD. There is a 7 day free trial and then the monthly plan costs $13.95.