*adapted from NomNom Paleo
I made this on a total whim and was BLOWN away by the amazing flavor and by how easy it was to make. I adapted some of the ingredients, but if you want to check out the original, visit: http://nomnompaleo.com/2017/03/20/2017032020170320wonton-meatballs
1 package shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 pounds ground pork
4 scallions, finely chopped
½ cilantro, minced
2 tbsp tamari (sub soy sauce, coconut aminos)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp sesame oil
cooking oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Add ground pork to bowl.
- Finely chop shrimp until it becomes paste-like and add to pork
- Add scallions, cilantro, tamari, salt, fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil and srirache (if desired)
- Mix together until all ingredients are incorporated
- Form the meat until meatballs, approximately 3 tbsp, and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- Garnish with chopped chives and enjoy!
The meatball mixture is totally versatile! It can be saved in the fridge for up to 12 hours, or can be made into patties, meatloaf or browned as a part of a stir-fry. Be creative and have fun!