Chili Con Carne
This recipe, from Make Ahead Paleo, is a dynamite!
You can half the ingredients or freeze what you don’t use, but once you taste it, it probably won’t last!
Feel free to swap the meats for more macro-friendly cuts.
Con Carne Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage (I used mild)
- 1/2 lb chuck roast, cubed
- 1/2 lb boneless pork chops, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, cured, seeded, and diced
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 rounded Tbsp chili powder
- 2 rounded tsp cumin
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Crumble ground beef and Italian sausage into 6 quart crock pot. Add the chuck roast and pork cubes on top
2. Sprinkle the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapenos over the meat
3. In a large bowl combine the sauce ingredients
4. Pour sauce ingredients over meat
5. Cook chili on low for 6 - 7 hours or on high for 4 - 6 hours stirring occasionally.